The Town of Aylmer By-Laws are available electronically from 1964 onward. Click on the link below: "Town of Aylmer By-laws". The By-laws are listed by year.
- For example, if the By-Law you are looking for is 08-99, the last two digits represents the year. You would then look in the folder 1999, and you will find the appropriate By-Law under the "08" (the number ahead of the year).
- By-laws 1964 to present Town of Aylmer By-laws
Frequently Requested By-Laws
Below are the most frequently requested by-laws, arranged by category/nature of the by-law.
Community Improvement Plan and CIP Designated Areas
Council (Procedure By-law and Amendments)
Are you wanting to put up a fence? Specifications are dependent on a number of things such as:
- is it a corner lot?
- is it to secure a pool?
- is it in a residential zone? or other zone?
Aside from these very important questions, the zoning limits a privacy fence in a residential zone to 1.5 meters in height. It must not project beyond the limits of the property, and shall not cause a visual obstruction from a driveway or the street. Check with the Chief Building Official if you have any questions about your fencing project.
Fencing around a Pool
If you want to put a fence around a pool, the Town's pool fencing by-law sets out a number of dimensional requirements. Click here to view the Pool Fencing By-Law.
Official Plan By-Law
- Please contact the Director of Planning and Municipal Services to ensure the accuracy of the content prior to using the document.
Planning - Applications for Minor Variance, Zoning Amendment and/or Official Plan Amendment
Planting/Removal of Trees
- The Town's Property Standards By-law (By-law #55-97), establishes minimum standards to which all properties in the Town must be maintained. It is the responsibility of all property owners to know the requirements of this local by-law. All inquires may be directed to the By-law Enforcement/Property Standards Office in the Planning and Municipal Services Department.
Purchasing - Procurement
Rental Rates - Municipal Facilities, Sports fields, Parks & Pavilions
Rollerblading, rollerskating, etc
Traffic and Parking
User Fees/Rates (Rates & Charges By-law)
Water and Wastewater
Zoning By-Law Separate Sections:
Tree Management Policy