Audubon International Certified WCAG2 AA Energy Conservation and Demand Management

Home | Heritage Buildings | Kennedy Central Hotel

Kennedy Central Hotel

(Also known as the Brown House Hotel, and the Mansion House)

Thomas T. Kennedy, the man who built the Kennedy Central Hotel on the corner of King and Talbot streets, was the only man to own a hotel on that corner that was not destroyed by fire.

Thomas built the hotel in 1883 after fire ravaged hotels on the same site three different times in the span of ten years during the 1880's. The Kennedys were prominent businessmen; Thomas's brother Peter owned the first cabinet factory, their younger brother Alfred also found his place in village history. Alfred unknowingly brought the dreaded small pox disease into the village and when the disease had taken its toll, three men including Alfred were dead.

(Sue McConnell: Aylmer: A Walk Through Time)

Community Life

Culture & Arts
Parks
Community Organizations

Visitors

Maps & Brochures
Attractions
Festivals & Events
Sports & Recreation

Town Hall

Clerk's Office
Operations Department
Planning and Building
Finance & Taxation

Business

Business & Commerce
Aylmer Business Directory
Business Development
New Businesses

Contact Us

46 Talbot Street West
Aylmer, Ontario N5H 1J7
Tel: (519) 773-3164
Contact Directory


The provision of email addresses on this website does not equate to express or implied consent for Commercial Electronic Communications.

Site last updated December 14, 2017, at 12:44 PM

Internet Advisor

© 2005 - 2017, Town of Aylmer   •   Log In

Share |

WCAG 2.0 AA badge

^ Top of Page   |   Site Map   |   Privacy Policy   |  Accessibility  |   Printer Friendly Version