Audubon International Certified WCAG2 AA Energy Conservation and Demand Management

Home | Heritage Buildings | St. Paul's United Church

St. Paul's United Church

When Aaron Price came to Aylmer in 1840 from St.Williams, in Norfolk, he was disappointed to find no Methodist Church. He found several families interested in forming a church and arranged to hold a service in the schoolhouse in 1845.

However, when the group assembled at the school, they found it locked. Undaunted, Mr Price mounted a tree stump and preached from there, inspiring the group to form a Methodist Church.

Services were held in a paint shop on the main street until a frame church was completed in 1847 on the southeast corner of Queen and Sydenham streets. By 1873 the congregation was outgrowing the little frame church and construction began at the present site completed in 1874.

(Jean Hunt: History of Aylmer)

Community Life

Culture & Arts
Parks
Community Organizations

Visitors

Maps & Brochures
Attractions
Festivals & Events
Sports & Recreation

Town Hall

Clerk's Office
Operations Department
Planning and Building
Finance & Taxation

Business

Business & Commerce
Aylmer Business Directory
Business Development
New Businesses

Contact Us

46 Talbot Street West
Aylmer, Ontario N5H 1J7
Tel: (519) 773-3164
Contact Directory


The provision of email addresses on this website does not equate to express or implied consent for Commercial Electronic Communications.

Site last updated December 18, 2017, at 01:52 PM

Internet Advisor

© 2005 - 2017, Town of Aylmer   •   Log In

Share |

WCAG 2.0 AA badge

^ Top of Page   |   Site Map   |   Privacy Policy   |  Accessibility  |   Printer Friendly Version