Contact the Council members on those matters you feel warrant their attention. View excerpts from the Municipal Act
Role of Council and Role of Head of Council
Find Council Contact Information here
Integrity Commissioner (re: Code of Conduct)
View the By-law 06-17 to Re-appoint JGM Consulting as the Integrity Commissioner for the Town of Aylmer
View the Town's Code of Conduct Policy 2.12A
View the Town's Workplace Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy 2.11
View the Town's Commitment to a Civil Workplace Environment and Workplace Policy 2.13
View the Town's Workplace Discrimination, Harassment & Violence Prevention Procedure HS-3-42 (Health & Safety Procedure)
Town of Aylmer - Strategic Plan (2016)
View the Town's Strategic Plan 2016
Town of Aylmer - Strategic Plan (2015)
View the Town's Strategic Plan 2015
Town of Aylmer - Community Goal Statement
Aylmer will be a vibrant market centre for East Elgin.
To ensure and enhance our small town atmosphere, we will:
- Ensure the quality of life and safety of families and neighbourhoods
- Encourage and facilitate enterprise in business
- Preserve our heritage
- Develop economic diversity
- Ensure planned orderly growth
- Make town attractive
- Promote spirit of community participation
Town of Aylmer Visioning Sessions 1998-2000
Town of Aylmer Council Priorities 2007 - 2010
- Increase reserve funds to maintain assets and infrastructure.
- Upgrade the Town Hall and create a professional environment for Council, Staff and visitors.
- Enter into discussions with Malahide Township to increase Town's land base.
- Promote economic development within the Town.
- Increase environmental strategies in the Town.
- Develop a proactive communications strategy to make Town information more accessible.
- Continue to implement the Recreation Master Plan.
- Continue to implement Phases 3 and 4 of the sewer separation and infrastructure improvement project.
- Develop additional Town owned employment lands.
October 9, 2007 Resolution No. 283-07
Added to the List, by Resolution 299-10 on August 9, 2010:
- Equipment/Vehicle Replacement Plan is a viable long term funding solution.
Added to the List, by Resolution 257-14 on June 16, 2014:
- Promote culture and arts in Aylmer (Discussed on Oct. 22, 2012, confirmed by the above resolution.)
- 2014 Energy Management Plan, 5 year plan adopted on June 2, 2014, Added to Environment Strategies for Council.